Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The wisdom of Morpheus

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."


So says Morpheus from the movie, Matrix. 
Imagine..... how crazy an idea that one could live in a simulated world. 
And it seems to me, it's happening all around us. 
Sometimes we work so hard at living in ignorance of truth, what's really real.
And I'm including me in that.
We're busy.
Busy about many things. 
Lots of them important, many of them not.
We believe what we want to believe. 
Something is wrong with the world.
There is something comforting about order, tidiness, neatness, cleanliness, clear straight lines, boxes to check, lists to cross off, wiped counters, non-snotty noses, cars that have no McDonald's french fries on the floor. Plastic. Life with the blue pill.

I've chosen the red pill.
Funny thought that.  Jesus, you are my red pill.
Reality as You define it leaves the world to call me crazy.  
And I still know it's true.  
You are the way. 
The Truth.
The Life.
And life with You is messy. 
And wonderful. And scary.  And You take me places I'd never think to go and get me in circumstances I don't see a way out.  Introducing me to people You want me to love. 
But there You are, my light in dark places with the audacity to have a mischievous smile on your face beckoning for more adventures. How could one ever say no to that? :-) 
You truly make a genius life. 
There is still plenty that I would like different and I'm so grateful You're ok with my sharing my opinions with You. 
For however long I get to live, I am, without question, so astounded to have had the chance to do it with You. 
Help me always to live in truth. And love people big enough to share that with them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment