Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Book Review: 7 Women and the Secret of Their Greatness


I enjoyed this book on a number of fronts.

1. I was surprised by some of the women he chose to feature.  Two of them I hadn't heard of before and one of them, Hannah More, I'm looking forward to exploring. She sounds fascinating. 
2. Each one of these women lived their beliefs with the wholeness of who they were.  It wasn't lip service or just giving positive assent.  They each in their own fashion paid high prices to live out their convictions. Inspires me.
3. There was a simplicity to each one.  As if to say, this is what I believe, this is who I am, this is what I'm doing and just went about doing it without fanfare, immediate results, or a fan base. 
4. I could read a bit before bed each night without missing the big picture because it wasn't needing to be a large chunk of time reading and processing. 
5. I connected with Mr. Metaxes' writing style.  I definitely planning to read at least two more of his books:  Amazing Grace about William Wilberforce and Bonhoeffer. Sign me up! 

so...thumbs up and recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment